Search Bev's Country Cottage
Afghans / Armed forces / Babies / Preemies / Amazon Bookstore / Doll clothes / Children / Christmas / Cross Stitch/ Hospital / Household / Humanitarian Aid / Recipes / Seniors / Size Charts / Winter / What's New / Bev's BLOG / Mojave Blessing Pebbles
Chemo/Brain Surgery Caps
are so many children and adults in need of a bright colored cap to wear
when they lose their hair to chemotherapy. At a time when their lives
in enough turmoil, perhaps having a cap someone has made just for them,
will bring some renewed hope into their life. Please help today.
For info on and places
to donate neuro-caps for brain surgery patients CLICK HERE
Page updated February 2009
few helpful guideines for making caps
1) Softer yarns: cotton, baby yarn, soft worsted like 'Caron Simply Soft' or 'Lion Brand Pound of Love' are more comfortable to wear, and cotton is really nice for summer.
2) Thinner, seamless (crochet or knit in the round), non-lumpy caps for sleeping/increased comfort on the recipients heads.
3) Please use yarns without WOOL content.
4) Please wash and machine dry hats before sending, as this will often soften them.
5) Do not use scented fabric softeners as many people are allergic to them.
6) From Breast cancer survivor, Barbara B.: "I DO want to pass on my personal feeling, relative to cancer caps, that when I was bald, I wore hats and caps to cover that up. So speaking only for me, I preferred solid caps and hats. A shell stitch or a V-stitch or a granny-square cap would show the baldness through the spaces."
Patterns you can use for chemo/brain surgery caps/beanies
for Bev's Bear Beanie- crochet! - exclusive and so fun to make! You can
even use a larger hook or add a few more rounds to make this fun hat
Tags to attach on Slumber Caps
~ including 'Josh's Beanie - several patterns at Bevs (K)
Cabled Chemo Hat (K)- ARCHIVED posted at Elan
Carlsbad Cap (K)- Marnie McLean
Crocheted Turban (C) from headhuggers
Espirit Chemo Turban (K) very stylish
Floppy Brim hat - (K)
Mushroom Cap -(K) rib knit from Morehouse farm - good for men too
- (K) good for men too
KNIT LINKS for kids chemo
Ribbed Cap at tiajudy
Waldo Hat- archived
PATTERNS on the WEB
Chemo Cap from hancock fabrics
Cap from sewing.org
CANCER CAP WEBSITES
Chemo CAPS - a page with
chemo caps to make for adults and older
PATTERNS FOR CAPS
stuff to decorate your cancer hats
Appliques for Baby stuff- - would be cute on hats too
Cute Flowers (c)
Plethora of Petals from Knitty.com
Bev's Quick Flower
Places to Donate Chemo Caps for kids
Nov. 2008 The PA Breast Cancer Coalition is a 501c3 and one of our programs is a Friends Like Me . We send them at no cost to PA residents who have been diagnosed with within the past 6 months. We’d love to include soft chemo caps or pretty pink scarves if your volunteers would donate some.
Visit http://www.pabreastcancer.org/friendsbox.html to see a package and read about them
HAT BOX FOUNDATION Aug 2008
Thanks to Cindi
pull into a ponytail (and/or braid). Your hair must be clean and
dry. Cut above the holder to be able to cut off a minimum of 12
Then mail to the above address. They take the hair and make the
for the kids who have lost their hair due to the cancer treatments.
CANCER INFO. links
mom and her sister both died of breast cancer and my older sister now
has been diagnosed with it, the research being done to cure this
disease is large in my heart!
Thank you for helping to keep Bev's Country Cottage online:
* © COPYRIGHT: All content is copyrighted to original creators. You may direct LINK to pages, but you may not post patterns anywhere in any media form. Any items made from patterns © to Beverly Qualheim may be sold, but please make one for charity too.
Teddy Graphic courtesy of Mary's Little Lamb