food storage, 72 hour kits, emergency preparedness, and self sufficiency
is an uncertain world we live in. Most of us will face natural
or financial difficulties in our lifetime, and having a good food,
water and materials supply can be a great comfort. Having a year's
will not only help us but it will give us a way to help our neighbors
there is a need.
Do you like this website page? Click here to
refer it to a friend!
BLOG ~ Bev's Journeyings
for the latest patterns and news!
- New place to purchase dry goods and have them shipped right to you
* "My Bug Out Bag" - by Mona B.
Buddy Burner - Bev Q
Building a Starter Food Storage - Bev Q
Camping with kids! - Bev Q
Dutch Oven Cooking Recipes - Kim Hicken
Emergency Car-Kit - Sandy R and Bev Q
Emergency Response Plans
How to use a Dutch Oven - Kim hicken
First Aid Kit- Bev Q
Water Storage - Andrea Chapman- how much, how to clean it etc.
Where to Store it all???- Kim hicken
Important Food Storage LINKS AT ProvidentLiving.org
A One Month Food Storage
Family Home Storage Pamphlet - in many languages
Food Storage Container
Info on specific foods you can store and use
How to Store your Food
Longer term storage - items that store for up to 30 years.
Recommended Emergency Items and response
An article on WATER
STORAGE from the Church of
Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Formerly Blue Chip Group is now:Augusan Farms
Offsite Links to Self Reliance items, articles and info
Emergency Preparation in Your New Home:
evey head of household see to it that he has on hand enough food and
clothing and, where possible, fuel also for at least a year ahead....
* There is a wise old saying " Eat it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without". Thrift is a practice of not wasting anything. Some people are able to get by because of the absence o expense. They have their shoes resoled, they patch, they mend, they sew, and they save money. They avoid installment buying, and make purchases only after saving enough to pay cash, thus avoiding interest charges. James E. Faust
* The Lord
has warned us of famines, but the righteous will have listened to the
prophet and stored at least a years supply of survival food.
* The revelation to store food may be as essential to our temporal salvation today as boarding the ark was to the people in the days of Noah. Ezra Taft Benson
revelation to produce and stoe food may be as essential to our temporal
welfare today as boarding the ark was to the people in the days of
* We will
see the day when we will live on what we produce.
Latter-Day Saints, learn to sustain yourselves, produce everything you
need to eat, dink, or wear....
* Our emphasis on this subject is not grounds for crisis thinking or panic. Quite the contrary, personal and family preparedness should be a way of provident living, an orderly approach to using the resources, gifts, and talents the Lord shares with us. So the first step is to teach our people to be self-reliant and independent through proper preparation for daily life.Author: Victor L. Brown,
* For the moment we live in a day of peace, but it shall not ever be thus. Great trials lie ahead... and we must prepare ourselves temporally and spiritually. Bruce R. McConkie
* There is no person who knows the real purpose for which this welfare program is being instituted but hardly before sufficient preparation has been made the real purpose will be revealed and when that time comes it will challenge every resource of the church to meet it. Harold B. Lee
* When people are able but unwilling to take care of themselves we are responsible to employ the dictum of the Lord that the idler shall not eat the bread of the laborer. Boyd K Packer
* The time
will come that gold will hold no comparison in value to a bushel of
* No man is truly fee who is financial bondage. ‘Think what you do when you run in debt,' said Benjamin Franklin, 'you give another power over your liberty.' Ezra T. Benson
* Relief Society stands for self-reliance. The best food storage is not in welfare grain elevators but in sealed cans and bottles in the homes of our people. What a gratifying thing it is to see cans of wheat and rice and beans under the beds or in the pantries of women who have taken welfare responsibility into their own hands.Author: Gordon B. Hinckley
* It's easier to prepare and prevent, than to
repair and repent. anon
Camping Graphics from Country Angel Graphics